Who we are:
Our chapter is 100% volunteers, we have no paid employees. While we sometimes have to pay contractors for tasks that we do not have the skill set among our volunteers for or functions that we are not permitted to do, these are only short term temporary situations.
Franklin Grand Isle Habitat for Humanity Officers
Walter Scott - President
Jacqueline Bostwick - Vice President
Michelle Desautels -Secretary
Maureen Toof - Treasurer.
David McCallum - Executive Director
History of Franklin Grand Isle Habitat for Humanity
• Became an official chapter of Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity
• Purchased our first building lot at 125 S. River Street in Swanton • Started construction in May
• Dedicated the house in November
• Paid off our first loan
• A.N. Deringer donated the warehouse at 602 Airport Rd. in Highgate
•Purchased a building lot at 134 Grand Avenue in Swanton • Started construction on the duplex in Swanton
• Peoples Trust donated the lot at 139 Rt 2S in Alburgh
Dedicated 134A Grand Avenue in Swanton
• Finished 134B Grand Avenue in Swanton
• Purchased 2 building lots at 31 Main Street in Alburgh
• Peoples Trust donated a house and lot in Montgomery • Started construction on 139 US Rt 2S home in Alburgh
• Dedicated 139 US Rt 2S in Alburgh
• Dedicated 134B Grand Avenue in Swanton
* Started construction on 22 Nason Street in St. Albans
• Dedicated 22 Nason Street in St. Albans
• Pleasant Street Housing Limited Partnership donated a building lot in Enosburg Falls
• Started construction on 472 Pleasant Street in Enosburg Falls
• Finished construction of our sixth home in Enosburg
• 2 building lots on Duffy Hill in Enosburg were donated by the Vermont River Conservancy
• Home/site in Alburgh donated by the Jordan family
• Held appreciation dinner to honor volunteers • Paid off loan for Alburgh lots
• Obtained permits for 2 building lots in Alburgh • Worked on plans for the 2 lots
• Made improvements to warehouse
• Began construction of 2 homes in Alburgh
* Completed 2 homes in Alburgh and held dedication with the partner families.
* Held appreciation dinner to honor volunteers.
Copyright 2015. Franklin Grand Isle Habitat for Humanity.
All Rights Reserved.
Problems or suggestions email firstname.lastname@example.org